it really is that simple!
Meet Expert - Cosmetic Surgeons in New York
◊2007-Present: Private Practice, Manhattan, NY - Developer of Custom-Lift™ and founder of Cosmetic Karma® Charitable Surgery Service
◊2009-Present: Director of Facial Plastic Surgery - Ear, Nose & Throat Associates of Nassau County
◊2009-Present: Attending Surgeon, St. Joseph's Medical Center, Bethpage, NY
◊2008 - Associate Adjunct Surgeon, The New York Eye and Ear Infirmary, NY, NY
◊2004-2007: Lifestyle Lift® - resigned in May 2007
◊2006: Board Certified by the American Board of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
◊2003-2004: Maui Memorial Medical Center-Kaiser Permanente - Attending Surgeon Departments of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery
◊2003: Certified in Craniofacial Tumor Surgery and Cranial Base Surgery
◊2003: Board Certified by the American Board of Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery
◊2002-2003: St. Luke's/Roosevelt Hospital/Columbia University - Attending Surgeon Departments of Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery, Craniofacial / Skull Base Surgery, Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Sugery
◊2002-2003: Center For Cranial Base Surgery, NY, NY - Fellow in Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery / Craniofacial & Skull Base Surgery
◊1999-2002: New York Eye & Ear Infirmary, NY, NY - Otolaryngology - Head & Neck Surgery Residency
◊1998-1999: Henry Ford Health System, Detroit, MI - Otolaryngology - Head & Neck Surgery Residency
◊1997-1998: Lenox Hill Hospital, NY, NY - General Surgery Residency
◊1993-1997: Wayne State University School Of Medicine - MD with Academic Distinction, Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society, Edward H. Lorenzten Academic Scholar, 95% US Medical Licensing Exam
I have very clear and distinct memories of spending hours at a time as a young child shaping and molding clay, drawing and building models. I have always had a visual mind and have enjoyed working with my hands.
I chose a residency in Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery because it offered an intensive program of training focusing on diseases, pathology and surgery of the head and neck area. The intricacies of Facial anatomy are thoroughly experienced as an Otolaryngologist due to its highly demanding nature as a surgical specialty. After graduation from Residency I made a commitment to continue with even more specialized training in complex Facial surgery. I was fortunate to be selected as a Fellow at the prestigous Center for Cranial Base Surgery in New York for a combined fellowship in Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery and Craniofacial/Skull Base Tumor Surgery. While a very intensive fellowship with long days and hours in the Operating Room, I had the good fortune of working with and learning from leaders and visionaries of the field. I gained tremendous insight on the healing properties of Facial tissues ravaged by radiation, chemotherapy and extensive tumor growth as well as the surgical implications these factors had on obtaining the desired surgical results sought. This allowed me to further my understanding of the complexities of Cranio-Facial anatomy - a fact that serves me well in effectively utilizing Cranial Suspension techniques for my patients. Spending time working in Hawaii was also a blessing - and not just for the beauty of the Islands! I was able to gain extensive experience operating on patients who had sun exposure and sun related skin cancers, as well as those who seemed immune to the aging process.
I have since dedicated my career to Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery with a specific interest in Facelift surgery utilizing local anesthesia. I have chosen a highly focused and specialized private practice utilizing techniques like Custom-Lift™ and Short Scar Facelift with great success. I enjoy the Doctor-Patient relationship and have found it to be gratifying and worth all the hard work and dedication it has taken to get here. I believe in honesty, ethics, perfection and professionalism - these are the cornerstones that have helped me grow and excel not only as a Physician but as a person as well.
To date I have performed thousands of Facial Surgical Procedures and have gained tremendous experience, insight, knowledge and skill over the years of hard work and diligence. I know which procedures work and don't work and have applied this knowledge to developing my practice to utilize only the most beneficial and effective procedures for my patients.
I continue to attend National Meetings and Conferences to constantly remain up to date on all areas of my Specialty and to ensure that I always have one eye on the horizon of the what the future holds for our Specialty. I have also had the pleasure of being a guest lecturer on various topics in Facial Plastic Surgery both in the US and Internationally.
In my free time, I enjoy spending time with my loved ones, family and friends, barbeques, playing hockey and soccer and enjoying the wonderous cultural and culinary delights of New York City. I also enjoy travel and photography and some of my photographic works are displayed on this website.
I am proud to offer the Custom-Lift™ experience to my patients for I truly believe that it offers a safe, efficient and effective surgical option for your Facial Plastic surgery goals.
I am equally proud of being a highly respected New York plastic surgeon & providing the Cosmetic Karma™ service that allows my self and you the patient to extend all the good and positive energy we have to those who could also use it.
Looking forward to meeting with you. All the best,
CERTIFICATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
The New York Eye & Ear Infirmary - Associate Surgeon
American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery – Board Certified Diplomat
American Board of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery-Board Certified
American Academy of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery - Member
American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery - Member
Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery - Fellowship Trained and Certified
Craniofacial and Skull Base Tumor Surgery – Fellowship Trained and Certified
Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society – Elected Member
New York State Medical Society Committee on Medical Ethics
NYC Medical Reserves Corp
New York County Medical Society
New York State Medical Society
FACE TO FACE: The National Domestic Violence Project
2007 Patient Safety in Cosmetic Surgery Conference
at Cornell-Weill Medical Center - Certified
Cosmetic Karma™ – Founder
ACLS – Advanced Cardiac Life Support Provider
1. Dr. Jafri is Double-Board Certified and has dedicated his career specifically to Facial Plastic Surgery
2. Physicians from across the Country and Europe have come to observe Dr. Jafri work and learn Surgical techniques from him. Dr. Jafri has been an invited lecturer and expert on various topics in Facial Plastic Surgery both in the United States and Internationally. Dr. Jafri has also treated Celebrities, Models, Media Personalities, Businessmen, Professional Athletes & Everday People across the Country.
3. Due to his extensive experience and expertise, the Doctor has often been called upon by his Colleagues to consult on difficult cases or provide revision surgery for less than ideal outcomes.
4. His warmth, kindness, sense of humor & personable nature are greatly appreciated by all of his Patients.
5. You will benefit from his straight forward, honest and thorough approach to the Consultation process.
6. Dr. Jafri is one of a select few Surgeons in the World to have sought and completed training in Head & Neck Surgery, Facial Plastic Surgery and Craniofacial/Skull Base Surgery. This high level of expertise and experience provides an exceptional cornerstone to his Surgical practice.
7. His Practice is centered around You, the patient. Everyone in the office is there to make sure that your entire experience from start to finish is Personalized, Professional and Enjoyable.
8. Dr. Jafri is constantly exploring all the various techniques and procedures that are out there and takes great pride in determining which are worthwhile for you.
9. He has performed thousands of procedures and this vast experience is used to benefit you in providing the best and most exceptional care possible.
10. Look Good, Feel Good, Do Good! The Cosmetic Karma Service provides a wonderful way for you and the Doctor to work together to help someone in need!